- It’s that time of year…….our Northlake-Mandeville Rotary Club is again offering tickets for the “BIG GAME RAFFLE! You can help them raise money for James Storehouse Louisiana when you get your $20 raffle tickets. This year there are over 50 terrific prize packages which include Saints games—LSU Games—Pelicans Games—A ride on the […]
- “Currently there are about 4,500 children in foster care in Louisiana. Of those, 950 children are teens or preteens in need of care. But there are only 68 nonrelative foster homes, out of about 1,600 foster homes, that are willing to accept older children ages 12 and up.” You could […]
- Come join Crossroads NOLA the 2nd Thursday of every month, 6:30pm at James Storehouse Community Center for a foster parent support group. The work you are doing as you care for kids is incredibly important, so its important to have a support system in place.
- TBRI Introduction & Overview: Will focus on understanding the meaning of child behaviors, the brain chemistry of a child from a hard place, and how to help these children and families heal and connect. This multi-disciplinary training is designed to give caregivers, volunteers, and professionals who serve children and families […]
- Come and join First Baptist Church Covington, LA for a Respite Day on May 25 from 10-2. Registration is open. Respite Day will be open to ages 4 and up. For any questions or concerns contact Savannah Ortego at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris Kroll at email@example.com. Please register at https://fbccov.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/120/responses/new
- Join us for our annual Mile Per Child Walkathon fundraiser. This event gives our community and our volunteers the opportunity to come together for a fun-filled day packed with music, food, and award winning crawfish. Come support children in local foster care by “walking a mile in their shoes!” On the […]
- Complex Trauma Training is used to develop and promote comprehensive, clinically-effective and empirically- based resources and responses to trauma and dissassociation and to address its relevance to other theoretical constructs. There will be Travel Stipends for learning and education for anyone with behavioral issues and family members, foster parents and […]
- We were chosen this year to be TerraBellas nonprofit for the year. They choose to support us through 2019 in various different ways. Last month they hosted a book drive and was able to get us over 1300 books for our library. Come out and enjoy some great music and […]
- It’s a Carnival created just for the adoptive and foster families in the community. Come to James Storehouse Family Center on April 25 for some fun in the sun. Enjoy some great carnival games, food and lots of fun. Bring the family out for some great times, making memories. April […]
- April 12, 9am-3pm Trust- Based Relational Intervention- Introduction and Overview Baton Rouge, Covington, Alexandria, and Shreveport Regions: Parenting is challenging, particularly when you are parenting a child from a hard place. Children from hard places include children who experienced distress in the womb or during delivery, were hospitalized early in […]
Become a monthly donor or make a one time donation of any amount by sending in a check to our address or by clicking one Donation buttons below.
All donations and volunteers will be used by James Storehouse to expedite the placement process of foster children, transition aged-out foster youth to the real world, and provide help and resources to the foster care community.
If you are a corporation that would like to give as a company. Please click here. The donation is through PayPal. So a credit card is required. However, you may send a check to James Storehouse as well.